Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa in Cauayan, Negros Occidental
Negros Occidental is blessed with naturally beautiful eco-tourism spots like marine protected sanctuaries, picturesque falls, white beaches, and caves that are sure to delight adventure seekers. On its southwestern side lies the town of Cauayan, home to Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa and the famous diving haven known as Danjugan Island.
|Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa's shoreline|
How to get there:
- From Manila, take a flight to Bacolod. Major airlines such as Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines have daily direct flights from Manila to Bacolod. To make the most of it, get the earliest flight.
- From the New Bacolod-Silay Airport, board a shuttle to the city proper. There are shuttle vans parked outside the arrival area. Fare is at Php 150. Make sure to tell the driver to drop you off at the Ceres Southbound Terminal.
|Ceres Southbound Terminal|
- At the Ceres Southbound Terminal, you can either board an air-conditioned bus bound to Kabankalan City, which has a signage that says "two stops," or ride the direct non-air-conditioned bus to Hinoba-an. Please take note though that the direct non-air-conditioned bus takes longer to reach your destination as it picks up passengers along the way. The seats are not as comfortable as the those of the air-conditioned bus, too, so if you have many baggage with you, you might be uncomfortable. For your convenience, I highly recommend that you take the two-stop air-conditioned bus to Kabankalan City (fare is Php 135), and at the Ceres Kabankalan Terminal, transfer to another bus bound to Hinoba-an (fare is Php 99). You might be even lucky to board an airconditioned bus all the way to Cauayan! - thanks Ayi Esguerra for this tip. It shortened our travel time from five to four hours!
|Two-stop air-conditioned bus to Kabankalan|
- Tell the driver to drop you off at Bangga Salamat Po, or the corner to Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa.
- Make sure to pre-arrange your tricycle pick-up. Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa can do this for you at Php 100 per way per head. The distance from Bangga Salamat Po to the resort is about three kilometers on rough up and down hills.
|The resort's entrance|
Alexa, a friendly staff of Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa welcomed us at the reception with refreshing drinks and cold towels. She personally brought us to our beach cabana, which was only a few meters away from the beachfront and the resort's restaurant.
Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa features rooms, cabanas, and casitas, all with a Filipino inspired look with a zen twist.
We stayed in one of the two beach cabanas, a standalone cabana that features an unhampered view of the shore and the Sulu Sea. Upon entrance, an antique wooden armoire welcomes you, together with a canopied bedroom complete with a plush king-sized bed and a wide flat-screen television. The toilet and bath is spacious enough to fit in a roomy indoor shower enclosure, an outdoor shower, and a vanity area. Premium bath amenities are replenished daily for the guests' perusal.
|The beach cabana|
|Our cozy bedroom for three days|
|A wooden armoire at the cabana's entrance|
|The spacious bathroom|
|An outdoor shower adjoining the bathroom|
|Premium bath amenities|
|Natural light bathes the entire space|
|Indoor dining and living area|
|The outdoor bath|
|The dining room of the hillside casita|
|The master bedroom|
|The second room|
|The main hotel and spa building|
|The mud house|
|Inside the mud house|
Things To Do Around the Resort
Lounge on one of the hammocks by the beach
Enjoy the refreshing sea breeze while reading a book or taking a nap on one of these wooden hammocks. The sound of the waves will definitely lull you to a relaxing sleep.
|Hammocks by the beach|
Walk barefoot on the powdery shoreline of Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa, or unleash the inner child in you by creating a sand castle. The resort features a secluded one kilometer fine off-white sand beach facing the Sulu Sea.
|At low tide|
|A sand (snow) man|
The resort is also a gateway to three nearby islands: Danjugan, Agutaya, and Turtle. The three are all surrounded by beautiful reefs perfect for snorkeling and diving. Danjugan Island is just 10-15 minutes away from the resort. I will be writing about this enthralling eco-destination soon. Agutaya Island, on the other hand, has a sand bar the shifts shape depending on the season. Turtle Island is also 10-15 minutes away from the resort.
|Turtle Islands on the far view|
|A view of Agutaya Island on the way to Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa|
Recharge at the Ayu Spa
The resort's own spa offers a variety of treatments and massages--from signature Swedish massage to Ventosa to hot stone massage and body scrub. You may have a massage in one of their spa rooms (which were under renovation at the time of our visit) or in your room or cabana. There is also a sauna that guests are free to use at any time. We were able to try their signature Swedish massage in our beach cabana and we can say that we were satisfied. The strokes were indeed relaxing. Best time to have a massage is after going to Danjugan Island where you would most likely get tired of trekking and snorkeling around.
The resort's modestly-sized pool is a great spot for having some cocktails, watching the sunset, or simply having a dip. There are pool chairs and lounges that are nice hangouts for a laid back afternoon.
|A romantic spot|
Since the town of Cauayan is located on the southwestern side of Negros Occidental, expect a vibrant view of the sunset by the beach. The sun sets beside Turtle Island and cascades a magnificent purple-orange-blue shades that reflect spectacularly on clear waters. On a fine weather, the sunset is comparable to that of Siquijor or Biliran.
Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa may not be as famous as other international chains of resorts and hotels, but it definitely is worth checking out. If you want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, or you want to be in a place that is peaceful and quiet, this resort is for you. Here, you just sit back, relax, and indeed enjoy the rest of your stay. It's definitely worth the four to five hour travel time from Bacolod City.
Punta Bulata White Beach Resort and Spa
Cauayan, Negros Occidental, Philippines
+6334.433.5160 / +6334.473.0235